- RSS Channel Showcase 2974846
- RSS Channel Showcase 7759470
- RSS Channel Showcase 2915646
- RSS Channel Showcase 1367235
Articles on this Page
- 11/02/15--08:29: _Properties with pot...
- 12/17/15--08:38: _Year in Review: Dev...
- 03/23/16--09:26: _Hotel tower propose...
- 04/11/16--13:28: _Waivers OK’d for ho...
- 02/07/17--09:29: _Convention Center p...
- 05/25/18--13:59: _Ernest N. Morial Co...
- 06/06/18--14:28: _New round of negoti...
- 11/02/15--08:29: Properties with potential: Real estate to watch in 2016 and beyond
- 12/17/15--08:38: Year in Review: Development boom continues downtown
- 03/23/16--09:26: Hotel tower proposed near Morial Convention Center
- 04/11/16--13:28: Waivers OK’d for hotel near convention center
- 05/25/18--13:59: Ernest N. Morial Convention Center to undergo renovations, add hotel
- 06/06/18--14:28: New round of negotiations for $558M Convention Center hotel
With the revitalization of old office shells into new residential buildings, the refurbishment of worn down hotels into sleeker lodging properties, and the construction of a pair of new hospital complexes, New Orleans’ downtown has already seen an unprecedented influx of development activity.
The ongoing redevelopment of assorted downtown properties continued to dominate headlines in 2015, as several major projects were either started or completed this year.
A five-story warehouse building and an adjacent parking lot near the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center could be the site of a new hotel project in the Central Business District.
A new hotel project near the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center on Monday received approval from the city’s zoning board for variances on height, setback and number of floors.
The board of the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center has acquired the former Louisiana ArtWorks building in the Warehouse District and entered into a cooperative endeavor agreement with an organization that plans to open a culinary school at the location.
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center officials will embark on a $557 million capital improvement plan that includes renovations and development of a new hotel.
Talks with developers have restarted on a 1,200-room hotel near the Convention Center.